Registering Domain Names
The Domains module supports registration of the following domains:
- NZ Domains: .ac.nz, .co.nz, .geek.nz, .gen.nz, .maori.nz, .net.nz, .org.nz, .school.nz
- International Domains: .biz, .com, .co.uk, .info, .mobi, .net, .org, .us
- Speciality Domains: For a full list of supported domains, click here
You can verify the current pricing of domains by clicking the 'Pricing' button along the top (see Figure 1). Otherwise you can check the domains pricing on the SiteHost website.
Steps to register a domain
- Click the "+ Add" button above the list of current domains, or the "+ Register" button on the top row of buttons. (see Figure 2)
- Enter the domain you wish to register and select the TLD (.com / .co.nz etc.) from the dropdown list. (See Figure 3) Note: Double-check the spelling of the domain to ensure it is correct.
- Click "+ Add domain".
- If you want to register other domains at the same time repeat steps 2 & 3 as many times as required.
- Set the Term or how long you want to register the domain for. By default this is set to "2 Years". For New Zealand domains you can choose a Term between 1 month and 10 years. For gTLD (.com, .net, .org etc) domains you can choose a term between 1 and 10 years. For UK domains you can choose 2/4/6/8/10 years. (See Figure 3)
Select the contacts associated with the domain/s. You must select the 'Registrant', 'Billing contact' and 'Technical contact'. (See Figure 4)
Note: If there are no Domain Contacts available, or the domain is for a contact not in the list, you will need to create a new contact. After you have created the new contact just return to Domain Registration to continue the process.
- If required, the domain can be set to be auto-renewed.
- Click 'Next' when you are done choosing the domain contact information. (See Figure 4)
- Confirm that all the details are correct - including the domains, pricing and contact information. (See Figure 5)
- Confirm that "I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions" and click the "Register domains" button. (See Figure 5)
You should receive an email confirming the domain purchase.